Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thirsty Thursday #4

So I decided to head to Allston this week to check out Deep Ellum, which I have been hearing about for months from my Boston University Allston-dwellers. They LOVE this place, so when I found out that they not only sold Bully Boy but they also had a back patio, I was in!

The place was exactly how I pictured - intimate lighting with wood benching and tables lining one wall with a long wooden bar along the other. Walking inside you are instantly in a warm and friendly environment where our favorite Bully Boy White Whiskey fits right in. As I was there with friends (beer drinkers no less!) the food of choice was soft pretzels, but I asked the bartender for whatever Bully Boy drink he had the most fun making. What did I end up with?



Deep Ellum Sazarac
2oz BB White Whiskey
2 dashes aromatic bitters
6 dashes peychauds bitters
1/2oz simple syrup

Absinthe rinse








This is a nice take on a classic, the BB serving as a great substitute for Rye. Even better? They are aging this delicious concoction to be released as the fall season’s barrel aged cocktail specialty drink! As with all things barrel-aged, I was told the wood turns a good sazarac into a great one. Deep Ellum, we’ll be back for you!
That’s it for me today, enjoy the end of what felt like a crazy week and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Peace, love and Bully Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment